Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Science fair investigation

Aim

Does mould grow faster on different types of food?.

Hypothesis

I think that some foods will grow mould faster than other foods because mould needs moisture to grow on.


Apparatus

2 slices of bread spinach
3 strawberries spoon
yoghurt knife
beans clear food wrap

My results

All of the foods that I used grew mould except the toast because it had no moisture. The strawberries grew the most mould and it grew mould the fastest.

Conclusion

My hypothesis was correct because I said that some foods would grow mould faster and that was just what happend.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Great work Laura. I can see evidence of the steps in your investigation, using the scientific method.
The process is clear.
Well done. I am very proud of you.
Mrs. M